ISO 14001-2015BCI Academy - ISO 14001, ISO 9001 Consulting & Training
BCI Academy is a leading consulting, and training company for management and business systems standards, including ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, and ISO 14001 standards. Our team of management systems experts provides outstanding and cost effective consulting and training services to clients worldwide.
ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems has been revised in September 2015.
- Increased prominence of environmental management within the organization’s strategic planning processes
- Greater focus on leadership
- Addition of proactive initiatives to protect the environment from harm and degradation, such as sustainable resource use and climate change mitigation
- Improving environmental performance added
- Lifecycle thinking when considering environmental aspects
- Addition of a communications strategy
- In addition, the revised standard follows a common structure, with the same terms and definitions as a number of other management system standards such as ISO 9001-2015. This makes them easier, cheaper and quicker for those companies who use more than one, not to mention helping out the auditors.
If you are certified to ISO 14001:2004, there is a three-year transition period after the revision has been published to migrate your environmental management system to the new edition of the standard. After this transition period, organizations planning for third party certification will have to seek certification to the new version of the standard. The version ISO 14001:2004, and any certification to it will not be valid.
BCI provides gap analysis audits and onsite training for ISO 14001-2015. Contact us for more details.