ISO 9001-2015BCI Academy - ISO 14001, ISO 9001 Consulting & Training
BCI Academy is a leading consulting, and training company for management and business systems standards, including ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, and ISO 14001 standards. Our team of management systems experts provides outstanding and cost effective consulting and training services to clients worldwide.
ISO 9001-2015has been published by ISO organization. The standard adopts a new higher level structure to make it easier to integrate it with other management systems standards such as ISO 14001-2015. More emphasis on management commitment and risk management are among the main changes. According to ISO organization the new standards is less prescriptive than the previous version focusing on performance. This has been achieved by combining the process approach with risk-based thinking, and employing the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle at all levels in the organization.
Benefits of the new standard are:
- Greater emphasis on leadership engagement
- Helps addressing organizational risks and opportunities in a structured manner
- Uses simplified language and a common structure and terms, which are particularly helpful to organizations using multiple management systems, such as those for the environment, health & safety, or business continuity
- Addresses supply chain management more effectively
- Is more user-friendly for service and knowledge-based organizations
ISO 9001-2008 will be phased out in September 2018. If you are currently registered to ISO 9001-2008 you need to revise and update your quality management system to fit the new version. Even though organizations are different and steps to take are most likely unique, however following general guidelines are recommended to get started the transition to the new version:
- Familiarize your organization with the new standard. A correlation matrix is available in the new standard will help you identify if parts of the standard have been moved to other sections
- Identify any organizational gaps which need to be addressed to meet the new requirements
- Develop an implementation plan.
- Provide appropriate training and awareness for all employees that have an impact on the effectiveness of the organization.
- Update your existing quality management system to meet the revised requirements.
- If you are certified to the standard, talk to your certification body about transitioning to the new version.
BCI provides gap analysis audits and onsite training for ISO 9001-2015. Contact Us for more details.