ONTARIO-OHSMS RECOGNITION PROGRAM FOR FINANCIAL INCENTIVES FROM WORKPLACE SAFETY AND INSURANCE BOARD(WSIB)Supporting Ontario’s Safe Employers – SOSE
Ontario Ministry of Labour (MOL) has developed and introduced a voluntary recognition program called “Supporting Ontario’s Safe Employers – SOSE”. It promotes health and safety in the workplace which helps reduce injuries and illness.
If your organization is recognized, you may also be eligible for financial incentives from the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB).
Who can be recognized:
To be eligible for recognition, you must:
1. Successfully implement an occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS) based on accepted standards. The following four standards have been accepted for an OHSMS implementation:
ISO 45001:2018: Occupational health and safety management systems
CSA Z45001-19: Occupational health and safety management systems
BS OHSAS 18001: 2007: Occupational health and safety management system
IHSA COR™ 2020 – IHSA Certificate of Recognition 2020-Health and Safety Management System
2. Be audited by a third party to verify that you’ve successfully implemented your OHSMS standard.
3. Meet compliance criteria that demonstrates compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
4. Demonstrate a commitment to worker participation (https://www.ontario.ca/page/chief-prevention-officer-employer-recognition-criteria#3-3) and the internal responsibility system (https://www.ontario.ca/document/guide-occupational-health-and-safety-act/internal-responsibility-system) at the workplace.
Apply for Employer Recognition
Once you have a certified OHSMS in place, you can apply for MOL recognition program.
For more information on how apply and once you have recognized how to maintain it refer to: https://www.ontario.ca/page/supporting-ontarios-safe-employers-program#section-1
WSIB financial incentive:
The recognized employers can apply for financial incentives from WSIB.
Application for financial incentive is a four-step process:
1. Validate any additional requirements (i.e., proof of a return-to-work program, and completion of culture survey)
2. Check eligibility requirements
3. Hold a review committee to achieve WSIB sign-off
4. Provide financial rebate to successful recognized employers and notify any unsuccessful applicants that they have not qualified for financial incentive.
For more information about the eligibility requirements; how much rebait money you will be receiving, and incentive schedule please visit WSIB website:
Interested in our Services
Contact us now
What we provide:
BCI Academy provides following services in assisting you to get recognized and maintain OHSMS recognition by:
Providing training and consulting to implement OHSMS requirements at your site
Conducting third party audits through our business partners to certify and accredit your OHSMS program
Assisting in application submittal to recognition, and WSIB financial incentive programs.
Conducting annual audits to maintain your OHSMS program.
Need a quote for our services, kindly fill the below form.
Get In Touch
PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW AND WE WILL CONTACT YOU SHORTLY
We respect your privacy 100%, so the information that you provide will remain strictly confidential. Nevertheless, a copy of your message might be stored in our records as a database entry for archival purposes.
BCI Academy is a leading North American provider of consulting, training and auditing services to the organizations seeking ISO certification in Canada to standards such as ISO 9001- Quality Management System, ISO 14001- Environmental Management System, ISO 45001- Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS), IATF 16949-Automotive Sector Quality Management System, or AS 9100 -Quality System, Aerospace.
© All Rights Reserved