ISO 9001-2015 is a quality management system standard has been published by ISO organization. The standard adopts a new higher level structure to make it easier to integrate it with other management systems standards such as ISO 14001, and ISO 45001. More emphasis on management commitment and risk management are among the main changes. According to ISO organization for required documentation the new standard is less prescriptive than the previous version focusing on performance. This has been achieved by combining the process approach with risk-based thinking, and employing the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle at all levels in the organization.
Benefits of the new standard are:
- Greater emphasis on leadership and top management engagement in quality management system
- It helps addressing risks and opportunities in a structured manner
- Uses simplified language and a common structure and terms, which are particularly helpful to organizations using multiple management systems, such as ISO 14001, an environment management system, ISO 45001 health & safety management system
- It is more user-friendly for service and knowledge-based organizations
Even though organizations are different however implementation steps are unique.
General guidelines to get started with an ISO 9001 implementation:
- Familiarize your organization with the standard.
- Identify any organizational gaps which need to be addressed to meet the requirements
- Develop an implementation plan.
- Provide appropriate trainings for employees that their job has impact on the company’s performance
- Develop quality management system documentation to meet the requirements.
BCI provides consulting, training and auditing services for ISO 9001-2015.
Contact Us for more details.